In September, we introduced a new and exciting way for you to support our parish offertory and second collections: Faith Direct. In the true spirit of SEAS, enrollment has already exceeded the Year 1 goal for participation!
The Faith Direct program gives you:
- A convenient and consistent way to support St. Elizabeth Ann Seton by electing to use direct debit from your bank or credit card account.
- The opportunity to support our parish even if you are absent from Mass for travel or illness.
With the support of the parish finance council, we have selected the Faith Direct program for many reasons, including:
- A solution many families face on their way to Mass: where did I put my envelopes?!
- For 10 years, Faith Direct has worked with hundreds of Catholic parishes throughout the United States and is recognized as the leading eGiving program.
- Faith Direct provides the critical third-party security needed for this new way of parish support: this limits the liability for our parish and keeps your information in secure hands.
How does it work?
- For those of you who would not be comfortable going online, you can still enroll in this program by completing an enrollment form, available in the back of the church or from the Business Office.
- You can elect to have your specified bank or credit card account debited on either the 4th or 15th of the month for both offertory and any second collections you support.
- Parishioners can elect to receive “offertory cards” in lieu of envelopes to be placed in the collection basket.
A few other considerations:
- Many of you have requested we put this type of program in place. You can have complete confidence in Faith Direct.
- As a parish, we can collectively go “green” by eliminating the many wasteful envelopes that go unused.
- There is no charge to parishioners for enrolling. In fact, every family signing up with Faith Direct means one less package of envelopes to print and mail out – and that will mean savings for St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, which we can use to further expand our ministries throughout our community.
- We consider Faith Direct to be a “win-win” program for both parishioners and our parish. We strongly encourage you to enroll in this program today. We are grateful for your financial and prayerful support of our parish.