Employment Resources & Support Groups
Catholic Charities Career Development Community
St. Elizabeth Ann Seton is a member of the Catholic Charities Catholic Career Development Community which is held at St. Jude's in Allen.
St. Jude Career Alliance
St. Jude Catholic Church
1515 N. Greenville Ave. (SH 5)
Allen, TX 75002
(West side of Greenville Ave, half a mile between Exchange Pkwy. to the south and Stacy Rd to the north)
Contact: Jack Bick at
The St. Jude Career Alliance helps develop career strategies for college students, career builders and unemployed people. We provide a resource website, including a calendar with training and development opportunities, parish networking, and spiritual and emotional support group opportunities.
The Career Alliance Program meets most Wednesdays at 9 a.m. at St. Jude Catholic Church in Allen, TX., in the Lecture Hall. It's a great place to start!
Diocese of Dallas
Their website has good resources for Employment Assistance and Family Assistance for the Unemployed.
Please visit the diocesan website at for all current job postings in the Diocese of Dallas.
FREE Job Placement Services: Resume prep, pre-employment orientations, interview skills, online assistance, job market research, and referrals. Vocational training is also available. Must be eligible to work in the United States; otherwise open to all for use. Contact staff at one of the following locations to make an appointment.
9451 Lyndon B. Johnson Fwy., Ste. 100, Dallas TX 75243
(Refugee Empowerment Services Office)
Getachew Tassew, Employment Coordinator: 214-553-9909, ext. 128
Salih Alameri, Job Counselor: 214-553-9909, ext. 108
4009 Elm St., Dallas, TX 75226 (Brady Center)
2827 Lapsley St., Dallas, TX 75212 (Marillac)
Eliser Pena, Job Counselor: 214-826-8330, ext. 103
Emergency Family Assistance
Call 214-520-6590 to ask our operator for the nearest site that serves your zip code. Or call 2-1-1
Catholic Charities of Dallas, Inc. is always seeking compassionate and dedicated people to help us in our mission to provide help ... create hope, regardless of faith. If you are interested in a career opportunity with us, you are welcome to send us a letter indicating your areas of interest along with your resume to:
Catholic Charities of Dallas, Inc.
9461 Lyndon B Johnson Fwy., Ste 128
Dallas, TX 75243
Fax: 214-520-6595, Attn: HR
Professional Networking Group
University Park Methodist Church
4024 Caruth Blvd. (at Preston)
Dallas, TX 75230
Phone / fax number is: 214-739-7153.
- Mission: The Career Connection was established in 1992 to help professionals in career transition through the Principles of Networking. We believe that ‘the hidden marketplace’ can be accessed when people with similar industry experience network and exchange information about corporate opportunities.
- We offer support and confidentiality in a structured, professional setting. Anyone in a career transition can greatly benefit from active participation in this program.
- For many of our members, our mission is relatively straight-forward: to provide job leads and meaningful information and support during the job search process. For others it is more complex: providing them with tools, contacts and professional development opportunities to help them in their quest for “lifetime career management.”
- The Career Connection is a not-for-profit networking group for job-seeking mid- and upper-level professionals.
- We have weekly speaker meetings every Tuesday morning:
- 9:00 a.m. Orientation class for NEW MEMBERS.
- 10:00 a.m. Main meeting
- Additional support groups hold meetings around the metroplex with emphasis on general and specific career tracks. (For instance the invitation only M.E.G. group, for high level positions for those with at least 10 years of experience as a Vice President or Director, meets at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.)
- Workshops, Job Board, and additional Resources available.
Allen Job Transition Focus Group
On Yahoo! Groups
First Baptist Church
201 E. McDermott
Allen, TX 75002
Meets on the first Wednesday of the month from 9:15 - 11:30 a.m. in Building D
Contact: Coty at 972.359.7219.
Plano Chamber of Commerce
A listing of available jobs in the area.
Texas Workforce Commission
The Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) is the state government agency charged with overseeing and providing workforce development services to employers and job seekers of Texas.
- For employers, TWC offers recruiting, retention, training and retraining, and outplacement services as well as valuable information on labor law and labor market statistics.
- For job seekers, TWC offers career development information, job search resources, training programs, and, as appropriate, unemployment benefits.
While targeted populations receive intensive assistance to overcome barriers to employment all Texans can benefit from the services offered by TWC and our network of workforce partners.
The Texas Workforce Commission is part of a local/state network dedicated to developing the workforce of Texas. The network is comprised of the statewide efforts of the Commission coupled with planning and service provision on a regional level by 28 local workforce boards. This network gives customers access to local workforce solutions and statewide services in a single location — Texas Workforce Centers
- Primary services of the Texas Workforce Commission and our network partners are funded by federal tax revenue and are generally free to all Texans.