Seton Music Ministry offers many opportunities for all of us to share our time and our talents. This vital ministry supports our Worship every weekend at the Saturday evening and Sunday Masses, as well as our special liturgies on Holy Days, Thanksgiving and Triduum. All choirs welcome your participation! For more information about these and other opportunities in our music ministry here at Seton, contact Lisa Kellen or the contact person for the choir you are interested in.
Eight Masses - Nine Unique Choirs
No matter which Sunday Mass you attend at St. Elizabeth Ann Seton, you will hear wonderful music. There are eight week-end Liturgies, supported by nine choirs, each bearing its own style and spirit. Once a month the 5:00pm Vigil is accompanied by the Children's Choir. There is also a Festival Choir that performs at the Easter Triduum and other special liturgies.
- 5:00 p.m. Saturday Mass (anticipatory Sunday Liturgy) includes contemporary music from the 70's through today, and includes multi-part voices, piano, guitars, and occasionally synthesizer, percussion, and clarinet. This choir is always happy to have more singers. Rehearsals are Tuesday evenings at 7:30pm in the music room. Anyone interested in joining can contact Blane at 972-618-8505 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 7:00 a.m. Mass is led by cantor and pianist. Music selections are both traditional and contemporary. Although a choir is not part of this mass, the cantor and pianist welcome all to join them in early morning congregational singing and reflection.
- 8:15 a.m. Mass - This choir sings and plays great contemporary music to enhance the Liturgy. Their ensemble consists of voice, guitar, and piano. Rehearsals are Monday evenings at the church. For more information, please visit their webpage.
- 10 a.m. Mass - The 10:00 choir celebrates our ancestors as well as our contemporaries when we sing traditional hymns and new songs. Each style complements the other and enriches the sung prayer of the people. Our setting is 4 part harmony with color and texture added by strings, woodwinds, harp, piano and organ. Rehearsals are Thursday evenings, 7:30-9:00pm, in the church. For more information please contact Nancy at 972-517-6253 or email@example.com, or see the choir webpage: 10:00 AM Choir.
- 11:45 a.m. Mass is led by a dynamic, dedicated group of men and women singing primarily contemporary music with a variety of instrumentation, including keyboards, woodwind, guitars, and percussion. Rehearsals are Wednesday evenings, 7:30pm, in the choir room. For more information please contact Ron at 972-596-5397, or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or see the choir webpage: The 11:45 Choir.
- 1:15 p.m. Mass - a small mixed ensemble supports the liturgy with a wonderful blend of contemporary and traditional music. Rehearsals are from 12:00 noon – 1:00pm each Sunday before Mass, in the choir room. For more information, please contact Ken at 214-498-4770 or email@example.com.
- 5:00 p.m. Sunday Mass is our Youth Mass. Teens minister to the faith community as Eucharistic Ministers, Lectors, Altar Servers as well as musicians and singers. Students in the 6th through 12th grade are welcome to participate. Rehearsals are Sunday afternoons 3:00/3:30pm – 4:30pm, in the church. For more information, please contact Caroline at 972-527-0307. firstname.lastname@example.org .
- 6:30 p.m. Mass choir offers contemporary, uplifting praise and worship music to enhance the Liturgy with the gift of song. Rehearsals are 5:00-6:00pm Sunday evenings in the music room. For more information, please contact Cathy at email@example.com.
- Children’s Choir provides the music for Children’s liturgies once a month at the Saturday 5:00pm Mass, plus the Blessing of the Animals, Christmas vigil, and First Eucharist Celebrations. Children from 2nd through 5th grade may join this choir. Our weekly rehearsals take place on Wednesday afternoons from 3:30-4:15pm in Room 130a at the Faith Formation Center. For more information, please contact Lisa Kellen at 972-596-5505 x4229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Thanksgiving, Triduum, and other special Liturgies are opportunities for all members to become one voice as our Seton Festival Choir. Being part of our Festival choir provides members from different groups a chance to reconnect with each other, AND offers each of us the great joy and privilege of singing and playing for the very special feasts and celebrations of our faith. Contact Lisa Kellen at email@example.com for more information or to sign up!
For more information about any of the choirs in our Parish, or our Music Ministry in general, please contact Lisa Kellen at 972-596-5505 x4229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.